2000 Rodeo 2WD front end "CLUNK"

When turning at real slow speeds, like getting into a parking space, I get a loud CLUNK sound from the front end. Mechanic said that he could hear it, but it doesn't happen with the vehicle off the ground,
so he could not find it. He said all is well with the front end and not to worry. I just do not like it. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dawhey