94 Rodeo, Can't open the door!

Rear left door won't open from inside or out. I think the door needs to be open to get the panel off. Suggestions appreciated!
Thanks, Rick

Check the other side. Remove its panel and see where the handle mechanism has its lever, then use a hangar or other flat piece of metal to see if you can lift it through accessing the area between the glass and the window seal.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. It's a "when I get around to it" deal.

be
Mine also has difficulty unlocking at times. The electric lock never works... and I have to flip the lock pull up/down a couple times, firmly, at times.
I think I recall reading this is a common problem on this year Rodeo. If you find a solution, let us know!
BuddyWh

It's a problem on the '96 Rodeo as well, or, at least my '96 Rodeo. ;)
Left rear door, the lock doesn't pop up all the way. What's happening, with mine anyway, is the cam that's there to push the lock up has come loose. That's not really right... let's see. The cam has a pin on the back that fits through a hole in the inside of the door. The pin has worn enough that the cam "falls out" part way, so when it's supposed to turn and push the lock up, the pressure on it pops it out part way instead of it turning the full amount. I had it "fixed" at one point, simply by pulling the plastic inner liner tighter across it,which held it in place for a while, but it's started doing it again. One of those things that's a nuisance, but doesn't "need" to be fixed.
The right rear door is now stuck shut. Had problems with the latch where it wouldn't latch and hold the door shut. Bought a new latch but when I looked at the clips and such on there, it appeared to be more than I wanted to get into at that point in time. When I took it to the dealer to have a new A/C clutch installed, I took the door latch along to have them install that as well. Well guess what? Yep, door's stuck shut now, dealer couldn't get it open, and neither can I. :( Tech at the dealer told me though that if I do get it open, all of the clips are "attached" to the rods, so I wouldn't end up dropping them down inside the door like I originally was afraid would happen. SO, if I ever DO get the door open again, I'll put the new latch in. *g*
wrote:

be
Well...darn! I'll have to train the chipmunk (who left roughly 200+ pine cones in the engine compartment of my pickup over the winter) to squeeze in there and pop the cam back into place. Thanks for your help all! Rick