Cruise control weirdness

1998 Trooper. Cruise control engages and runs just fine, but when I tap brake accelerator pops back as if disengaging yet cruise stays on and in a sec floors the accelerator again... If I keep the brake pressed itdisengages
completely, but Cruise Set keeps blinking and cruise control wont work until I cycle the main switch.
Any ideas?
Peter

Found it... blown stoplight fuse. And I was driving like that for almost a week!!!
Peter