isuzu diesel technical info wanted

I am looking for some technical info for a possible project car. I have a 1982 diesel volvo with a bad engine. I am told by a volvo mechanic that these engines are junk and are not worth rebuilding or
replacing. It is a 6 cylinder inline engine. I am considering using an isuzu diesel engine because of its reliability that Ive heard about. Does anyone know any technical info where I can find out if theres a suitable replacement and what modifications will have to be made to make it work? Thanks
On 24 Feb 2005 16:56:08 -0500, dieselvolvo <UseLinkToEmail@New & Used Cars Forums - AutoForumz.com> wrote:

--
High milage Isuzu diesels have a tendency to leak oil badly.

The oil filter adapter on the C-223-T turbo diesels are next to
Howard Bingham wrote:

I am aware of Howard's oil problems. I do not have this experience though with the 1986 and 1987 Trooper. At http://www.itog.com you can check where the car is built through the Itog University link. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.
http://www.fotograaf.com/trooper