PowerLink info

Does anybody know where to find information on the Isuzu PowerLink connector? What I have is a little black box with an OBDII connector on one end and a serial port connector on the other. I need to find
information about the protocol for communication between the computer and the PowerLink device over the serial connection. I've looked over some of the SAE documents for OBDII which provide the standard for communication on the vehicle side, but I can't find anything about the computer side. I also have some of the software that came with the PowerLink, but it won't install and I'm going to have to write my own application anyway.
Alternatively, would it be possible given the right software to use a standard OBDII to serial converter to read the extended data that is not part of OBDII on a 99 Vehicross?
Thanks Shea

I suspect such information never was, is, or will be in public domain.

Most software can be hacked and forced to run eventually. What exactly have you got?

In theory - yes. AFAIK everything Powerlink does is done thru standard OBDII protocol, but using extended command and result codes. Most scan tools (scantool.net) have a "command console" that lets you transmit custom commands and see responses. Of course you have to know these proprietary command & return codes...
If you find out anything, let us know!
Peter