Trying to install rear speakers in 2004 rodeo. Need wiring help?

Hi i am trying to install the rear set of speakers in my 2004 rodeo but i don't know the correct speaker configuration. In the left and right door both use same color pattern and i don't know which wires to splice the
left and right speaker to to get correct stereo. I have tried many configurations but it always ends up that they are both tied to left or right speakers never one of each for true stereo.
Not sure what you are trying to do. Use a stereo wiring harness to connect the stereo to the Rodeos factory stereo connector. That way you do not need to splice anything. Just plug it in. In each door there are only two wires for the speaker so not sure where the problem is.
dkimball wrote:

No i don't need a new wiring harness. Let me try to explain a little better. I have the rodeo with the 6 speaker option which means that there is 2 empty holes in the very back cargo area for speakers. I installed 2 speakers there but i am trying to figure out which 4 wires on the radio to hook them up to.
Normally they are already connected to the Stereo's wire harness connector. But if you either cut that connector or the wires are loose under the dash then an ohm meter can be used to trace them out. That will only work if the no amp is used. Otherwise it has to be traced to each side of the amp and again, an ohm meter is the easiest way. If you do not have one then a lightbulb, battery and a couple pieces of wire will work.
dkimball wrote:

no there are no wires as there were no speakers there with the package i received. i am trying to figure out which 2 to hook it up to