Wheel key needed

I've lost the lug nut key for getting the wheels off my 1998 Trooper. Does anyone know a source other than a dealer?

Reply to
Peter Aitken

I found that the dealer didn't even have a "master set" to unlock mine. The best thing that has worked for me (And I removed all 4 this way) is to get a deep socket that is slightly smaller than the wheel lock and pound it on with a hammer and then you should be able to remove the lock. Carefull not to crack your rims though!

Reply to
99trooper

Many auto shops will have the tools needed to safely remove lug locks and stripped lug nuts. It's sort of like a reversed easyout and much safer than forcing a regular socket onto a lug nut.

"99trooper" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Reply to
Brett Williams