Re: X300 engine temp problems

> > My 1995 3.2L XJ6 has a engine temperature gauge that "fluctuates" as you > drive. When the engine is up to normal operating temp. , the needle > sometimes goes right down to stone cold, then climbs back up to normal > operating temp. by itself. It never goes any higher than normal operating > temp. Could this be just a faulty gauge, or could this be a thermostat > that's stuck in the open position (one of the known problems listed over at > the Jag lover's site) ? > > I also seem to be getting erratic warning lights flashing occasionally. I > had my oil pressure light come on once while driving, and yesterday the ABS > warning light also came on. Both stopped flashing when I stopped, then > restarted the engine. Is it a case of Jag electronics playing up ? There are > NO mechanical problems with the car (apart from a leaking transmission seal) > and the car is in mint condition with only 58,000km (36,000miles). > > Any help would be appreciated....... > > >
Reply to
sharon.revell

I had all 3 of your problems too! The oil pressure warning and temperature gauge were traced to faulty sensors. (And my fuel consumption improved after I got the temp sensor fixed.) The ABS warning lights came on once for me too a few months back when driving conditions were good. But have noy come on since so I don't know about that.

Reply to
Anti Alias Filter