Replacement antifreeze for aluminum block engine in an XK8?

I just spent $100 getting new antifreeze after a hose leak (the same quantity of standard, name brand antifreeze for a 'regular' engine would have run about $16).
The specification is ESD-M97B49-A. I can't find much in a search on Google and very little of what I did find relates to a lower-cost replacement. A visit to the local Kragen auto parts store didn't turn up anything on the labels, although one shared a few of the letters and numbers.
What is suitable and where can I get it?
Thanks in advance,
Jeff

In this country any anti freeze suitable for alloy blocks is OK

yep, Some "import garage" owner thought I had a "stupid" tattoo on my forehead just because I have a VDP. Tried to hit me up for $70 USD a gallon for antifreeze 20 bucks for a filter and $10 a quart for oil. What was good enough for any other aluminum block is good enough for a Jag. My last aluminum block engine had 204,000 miles on it and was still running strong when some idiot hit me and totaled my truck. Incidentally I run Havoline 10w30. AAMCO does my tranny fluid and filter change because they have a nationwide warranty and I can't get rid of the fluid. Any radiator shop can do the antifreeze change for the same fluid reason. Just make sure you change the thermostat before you take the car to have the antifreeze changed.

Gunner wrote:

There are different types of anti freeze BTW - just make sure its correct for your engine alloy - should have a recommended cars or what the specs comply with on either a chart or container. Cheap maybe not correct for the engine and can in longer term be very expensive.

Very true Rob. Acids can be nasty. Sierra makes one that is environmentally friendly and is already mixed 50/50. When I was military and was able to do my own at the auto hobby shop, that's what I used.

I didn't see that when in a store. I also haven't found it on the web (but I was specifically searching for the ESD number listed in my Owner's Manual, not a general antifreeze).
Jeff

The antifreeze bottles I perused at Kragens didn't list engine compatibility. I didn't see any reference to aluminum block engines, but I was concentrating on the ESD number.
Why does the thermostat need to be changed if you put in a compatible antifreeze?
Jeff

The thermostat controls the temp of your engine. Eventually the spring will weaken to the point it will either stick open or closed. It's a good idea to change it every time you change anti-freeze to avoid costly repairs later. Especially true in an aluminum block. It's cheap peace of mind.

Gunner wrote:

I don't think its the spring that fails but the wax.

Jeff Lindstrom wrote:

have a look through these
http://www.shell-lubricants.com/products/product_list.php?subcatid=1
or another oil company products for comparison.

Interesting. I should pick up some for... whenever.
Thanks for the info.
Jeff