XK8

i`m looking for a used XK8 in the SE uk

Anyone give me any tips on what to watch out for? ( apart from the usual generic stuff?)

PS how many MPG can I really expect to get out of one?

Cheers

Mike snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Leema

how much do you want to spend ?

Reply to
Nick

Here in the USA, we can check on the title history (sales dates/locations, damage due to accidents or flood, etc. with mileage at each event) online using CarFax.com. You may have a similar service there.

I found a '98 XK8 Coupe in Texas (I live in California), checked it out, got some pictures and made an offer (contingent to an onsite inspection), then flew out, bought it and drove it back. It only had 13,000 miles on it (lease return, so the previous owner had an incentive not to drive it into the ground).

What I didn't check on was the heater (I bought it in July, so I only made sure the air conditioning worked). That's US$450 if I ever get it fixed.

Get the paperwork on the service history (expecially oil changes as the engine is aluminum) and see if the original warranty is still in effect. If so, you can get the Jaguar Extended warranty at any Jaguar dealership.

Pay attention to the details: standard or deluxe stereo, CD player (which doesn't always indicate deluxe stereo), Traction Control or the simpler Anti-Skid Control (ACS instead of TC), Coupe or Convertible.

I get 22.2 MPG in my combined city/freeway driving. I was getting 26-27 MPG on my cross-country jaunt.

Reply to
Jeff Lindstrom