What type of Jag?

I was driving around town today and saw an open-top jag, with a "fin' along the line of the driver. It had racing numbers on it. Sounded great too- any idea what model? (I drive a saab convert., but dream of a Jag)

Reply to
sdf

Could possibly be a D Type Jaguar.

Reply to
Stuart Adair

Go to

, click on images and search for "Jaguar D-Type". You should get a whole bunch of photos of what you saw.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

Sounds like a D Type, but depending on what town you were in it could easily be a replica, there are replica D and C Types out there that sell for under $100,000.

Dsybok

Far more likely to be a replica than the real thing. Masses of replicas about of varying degrees of quality. The best are very good indeed. Our old friend Peter Hugo imports 'C'-type replicas from New Zealand to order which are absolutely correct right down to the last nut and bolt and drive just like the real thing. On the other hand, there are also plastic 'D'-types out there with Ford Cortina running gear. Most of the 'in between' replicas use a mix of fibreglass and alumininium body panels over a proprietary chassis with running gear from an XJ, which means non-original IRS. Still a lot of fun, though.

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

830847103&n98038677

Reply to
David Betts

Thanks Webby. Yep, I'd googled jaguar convertible, but your suggestion revelaed that it was a D-type. Gorgeous looking car. I'm a bit dissapointed to think it might be a relica! I'm in Melbourne, Australia. Incidently, I saw another jag convertible about 10 mins later- maybe there was a rally.

Reply to
sdf