Bolting pattern of S-Type Jag

Does anyone know if the bolting pattern of the 6-speed ZF manual gearbox fits a Ford 2.9 Cosworth engine?

Reply to
Stuart

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Stuart, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

I doubt it, the Jag V6 is based on the Mondeo 24v not the Cologne one and AFAIK nothing used the Cologne lump and the Mondeo one.

There's a Borg Warner 6 speed box, but you'd need an aftermarket bellhousing. It's a straight swap for the BW T5 box, but the gearlever sits a little further back on the T6 than on the T5.

The other problem with putting a manual box onto the Cossie 24v is that the engine management system is linked to the gearbox on them, when you use a manual 'box the engine ECU has to be fooled somehow otherwise there are some weird characteristics when you change gear - basically it thinks it has inertia caused by the torque converter as opposed to a flywheel and clutch.

There's a bloke called "madoldbugger" on the XROC Forums who knows more than most, and another geezer called Dojj who used to frequent these here parts who knows all about the 24v lump and what can be done to 'em. Dojj had a twin turbo'd 24v Sierra 4x4 Estate.

Reply to
Pete M

No it doesn't.

Reply to
Tony Bond

What he said.

The T6 is about the only box I can think of that'll marry up without too much trouble.

For a moment, I was convinced that the North American and Middle East- spec Discovery 3 V6 (with the 4.0L Cologne unit) had an option of the ZF 6-speed manual, but I'm afraid the only box that's used on them is the ZF 6HP Auto. Even if it did have a manual option, getting hold of a gearbox and bellhousing for a model not sold in the UK might have proved interesting.

Reply to
Andy Tucker