X-Type driver's seat causes backache

Four days ago I got my first Jaguar ? a 2004 X-Type 2.5 SE Auto. The car was registered in January 2004, and (with only one owner) has done 41,000 miles in just 18 months. I bought it (from HA Fox in Southampton) at a very attractive price. It appears immaculate and all services have been carried out by a Jaguar main dealer, on the dot. BUT, within a few miles, I get low backache from sitting in the driver's seat. It feels lumpy and unsupportive, which has completely ruined the anticipated pleasure of owning my first Jaguar.

Has anyone else had similar experiences, and any advice?

Reply to
spike

I presume you've tried playing with the lumbar support? I usually get terrible back trouble in most car seats, but got v. comfortable in this after a bit of fiddling. David "X" diesel est SE

unsupportive,

Reply to
David Wilson

My 2002 has an adjustable lumbar support. Does the '04 still have this and if so have you tried it?

Reply to
ChuckSmith