35x12.5 on my stock 15x7 rims???

Im currently sporting 31x11.5 on my stock 15x7 rims - and they just dont look fat and juicy enough. I kinda like the way a fat tires look on a 7 as apposed to an 8 or a 10 inch wide rim. Ive heard of other doing it.. any real danger?

Many thanks.

Reply to
jason

L.W.(ßill)

Is that even possible?

Reply to
Allen

I've seen a few posting saying they run 12.5 on 7 and the manager at my local Tire Kingdom said he does it all the time.

Not looking to argue against what's recommended and known to be safe, just looking to get warm and fuzzies about going outside the box (rim in this case). One point of curiosity as 12.5 seems like a big stretch for 7 is that the narrow inside of 12 inch tire is likely closer to 7 than 12.5. It might be safer to run 12.5 on 7 than on

10+ ..

So nobody on here is doing it?

Reply to
jason

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I recently bought a set of 5 33X12.5" used tires from a friend of mine and plan on putting them on my stock '76 CJ-5 rims in the near future. I'm a little worried about the clearance for the back tires as far as the leaf springs are concerned, width-wise. I'm not concerned about the tires blowing off of the rims or anything like that. But then again, I'm not the brightest bulb in the um... pack of bulbs.

Reply to
Shaggie

A 12.50 is a bit too wide to go onto a 7" rim.

Reply to
CRWLR

I'm starting to agree, An installer I spoke to said they would fall if took a hard turn.

I currently have 10.5 on my 15x7 and was consider 275/60-15 ..

275/25.4 = 10.8 inches. Is this a correct conversion? and is 10.5 really 10.5? 275/60 look much fatter (since shorter) than 10.5x31 truck tires btw.

And for my other truck a 93 Ford 2wd ranger with stock rims 14x7, can I get away with 255/60-14. 255 = 10.03 inches. I believe I've done this before. Anybody doing this?

I can help but bring up the fact again, that when deflated, the inner rim of most tires is pretty narrow and that tires seem to adhear the ballon shape and might be safer that way as oppose the other extreme of forcing the lip out with air alone.

Thanks *all* for the good info.

Reply to
jason

Reply to