Stock Oil Pressure Gauge size on a CJ7

I'm looking to replace the stock Oil Pressure gauge with one from Autometer. The Autometer size gauge is 2-1/16 inch. The closest information I could find on the stock CJ said it was 2 inches. Does anyone know the exact size of the stock CJ7 Oil Pressure Gauge and if the Autometer 2-1/16 gauge would be a direct replacement?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

I just measured my junk dash from a `78 CJ-5. The factory gauge hole is 2

1/16" diameter. The factory gauge is 2". I cannot say if the Autometer gauge is electrically compatable with the OEM sender, but you should be able to swap in the Autometer sender.
Reply to
Lee Ayrton

the guages you fond should drop right in. I replaced my guages a few years ago with some El Cheapos, and I am ready for some good ones now. There are no other guages that are the same size, there are some that are much larger, and some that are smaller, but any guage that bills itself as being close to

2" is the right size.

Reply to
CRWLR