Bizarre Electrical Fault - Jeep Cherokee

Hi,

My 1995 Cherokee has an odd fault - when I put main beam on the tail lights go out completely....

Any ideas??

Jay

Reply to
Jay

I would start chasing the ground. Both use the body for ground and if their isn't enough to go around, the power goes the easy route. There should be a mesh strap from the engine head to the firewall and one across an engine mount usually.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

my dash lights don't work! Trouble is I don't know where to put the fuse - the old one has been taken out so I don't know which slot to put it in.

Reply to
Jay

Got a 3 dollar test light? Tap your testlight onto a known good power source, then with the prod end, put the point in where the fuse should be (or one of the spots) and turn on your lights, if it lights the testlight your on the right one, if not, onto the next until you find it.

Reply to
djdave

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Hi Bill,

The link doesn't work, can you please correct? - Thanks.

Jay

Reply to
Jay

take one of the temp out and it does.