Grand Cherokee 2004 2.7 CRD Electrical fault

I have lost power to the drivers door. I can not use the electric windows, memory seats, electric mirrors, central locking. and also the heater (not blower). When I turn the headlights on, all of the dash lights dim. I have been through all of the fuses positioned under the right hand side of the bulkhead but these are all ok. I haven't got a clue what to do next apart from maybe drive it into the main dealership. Are there any more fuses in the vehicle? I looked on the legend for the fusebox and nothing seemed to relate to the parts that I have lost power to.

Any suggestions would be grately appreciated.

Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

I had a similar problem on a lexus, it turned out that hidden behind panelling were some extra fuses, peculiar square ones (compared to normal blade or tubular) which powered the seats, electric windows and things. Unfortunately autodata has little info. on yours so I can't look it up for you.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Just check all the main earth bonds are still intact, that's not a fuse.

Oodles, hidden in relay boxes,

Well a decent autoelectricians should be cheaper than the dealer or buy a dealer manual off ebay or download one. There's a lot of copies of autodata on ebay that claim to be workshop manuals though, the downloads probably more use.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

e.g.

Duncan Wood