broken YJ seat frame

The upper seat back seems to be broken on my 90 YJ...the head rest portion of the seat bends back. Anybody know if I can strip the seat cover and pads off the frame and put the stuff back on a new seat frame? But I've looked on the web and cannot find just a replacement seat frame.

I suppose I could maybe re-weld the frame.

Somewhere I saw that on a Wagoneer a guy had a similar problem and when he got the seat cover off, he found out that the foam padding was formed directly onto the frame. So to repair the frame he would have had to tear off all the foam to get to it :-(

Anybody know what I'll find when I remove the seat cover? If the foam is formed directly on the frame, I'd probably just save myself the trouble and order new seats. But if I could get the frame out without wrecking the padding, I could probably weld the frame back together and save a bundle.

Thanks for any insight.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Sink