Cherokee -Tail lights and dash lights quit working

I have an 89 Cherokee Ltd which has numerous electrical problems which may or may not be related: These work sometimes and sometimes they don't - Driver side door light, cargo light, power door locks. These don't work - Clock light, radio display light, power antenna.

Now, the tail lights and dash lights have quit working. The others I can live with. These must be fixed.

All ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

JFM

Reply to
JFM

Check your ground strap...between the firewall and engine on the passenger side.

Okay Mike, beat you to it!

Regards,

DAve

Reply to
DaveW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I should have said that I checked the fuse. Appears OK. Sorry.

JFM

Reply to
JFM

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Sounds like possible corrosion in the harness connections. I've an 84 XJ with a bad case of it in the front RH junction for the turn signals (up near the battery). Seriously gunked up. It also has a problem with the connection to the back of the power window switch assembly on the driver side door.

Side question, anyone know a cheap place to find a bunch of the spring clips that hold the switch into the panel? Most junkyards don't have any left. And the stealership wants WAY too much for them.

I'd get under there are and look behind the main fuse box mount. Prepare for bad news.

Reply to
wkearney99