Console for sale

We have an original equipment console out of a '90 Wrangler YJ for sale. It's tan colored and in fairly decent shape. Padded armrest is not torn or frayed. Keylock does not work, but it does latch. I assume you could swap your keylock...something you would probably want to do anyway so it would match your keys. Reason for selling: purchased a larger after-market console with radio mounting cavity. We'd like to get $30, plus shipping.

I can send you digital photos if you want to see it. Just email me at snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com.

Rick Sink

Reply to
Rick Sink

A 13 year old damaged console for about half what a new one costs? Mmmmmmmm sounds like a sweet deal to me.

NOT.

Reply to
Jeepaholic

I called a local Jeep dealer. They said the part has been discontinued. I asked how much it was before it was discontinued...they said it was $140.

The "damage" is the key does not work in the lock, but the push button latch does work. Otherwise it's fine. If you think $30 is too high, make me an offer.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Sink

The console comes out of a 1990 Wrangler YJ, Sahara Edition. As far as I know it's original equipment. Maybe the padding is part of the Sahara option?

I think one reason the padding is still intact is that, for a normal sized person, it's not a very functional armrest. The padded surface is too low to rest your arm on unless you lean over.

Again, if anyone is interested, I can email pictures if you want to see what it looks like.

Rick S>My 90 YJ didn't have a padded arm rest and it was a Laredo. You sure you

Reply to
Rick Sink