Shifter console light burned out

The light on the shift console is out. The lights on the dash are OK so I can use them. In the meantime, are there any tricks to replacing the light on the console (so as not to break some plastic tab or other)?

Thanks!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Yoder

Brian Yoder

I changed this bulb in my '89 Camry. Total cost to change the bulb about $1.40 Took me about 1 hour of my time.

Oh, did I mention, 3 years after I changed the bulb a fuse controlling the power windows, fan and other circuits began blowing - $400 later it was determined at teh dealer that I had pinched the power wire leading to this bulb when I re-assembled the centre console. It took 3 years of rubbing for it to short out (with an intermittent short).

Ack!!! Guess the actual cost was $401.40... and the experience was ... priceless

So be careful when you re-assemble the console.