68 console

i have a 68 mustang that doesnt have any console between the seats.i had a 66 that had a nice aluminum console.i want to put a concole in my 68,but all i can find is 65-67 and 69to 73 .they skip 68 all together.does anyone have a console in there 68?was it an option in

68?should i just get a 66 console and put it in?
Reply to
mike

Yes, there were consoles in 68, my coupe has one. I don't believe a 66 console will fit in a 68, the base would have to be altered.

Reply to
Laurie S.

A '67 console will bolt right in, they are the same without the padding. Although not "correct", IMO they look better. Also similar year Cougars will fit too but have slightly different styling depending on the trim level of the original car. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE PROPER SHIFTER BASE FOR IT. They don't use the original floor shifter base. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

you might try branda performance for that.

mike wrote:

Reply to
carl

68 cougar will swap right in. decent ones--not Show--often seen on ebay for under $200 last time i priced them
Reply to
vince garcia

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:10:10 -0700, carl wrote: no luck,cant find a console for a 68 anyplace.anyone know where to find a console for a 68 coupe.

Reply to
mike

Reply to
carl

no thanks you dont need to take pictures ,that would be a pain,(although if they were posted i would look)..i will take my time one will come up.i got lots of other small things to do on the car for now anyway.

Reply to
mike

Reply to
carl