Jeep Antenna Mount, Opinions?

Any suggestions on an antenna mount for my Wrangler UT? I am debating the under the hood lip mount for the front vs. a rear spare tire bracket mount. I don't like the tail light mount, as I feel like the role bars would interfere with the radiation pattern too much.

Chris Maness KQ6UP

Reply to
Chris

For what band?

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

2m
Reply to
Chris

I bought two of their windshield mounts. For RF safety, I put the CB on the driver's side (4watts) and the 2m on the passenger side (35watts). The only down side that I've encountered is the antenna height. I have tyo use quick disconnects of I want to go into a parking structure or drive-thru.

73's!

"Chris" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Red Jeep

I'll second the Arizona Rocky Road idea; I've got one of their single rear antenna mounts, and I love the thing. Very good price, and sturdy. Rick is nice to deal with, as well.

It does make the ol' CB antenna tall, though, sticking up above the spare like it does. :) 'Course, it gets better range than a fender mount or taillight mount since most of the winding in a 4' Firestik is above the roofline:

Garth Almgren

I'm going to start a new thread on radio mounts.

Chris Maness KQ6UP

Reply to
Chris

I used a stainless steel "tire bumper". Ya know. Like the one that mounts on the rear right corner. Don't know if it's a possibility for yours but it works and looks like a natural. They come with a bracket on the top and bottom and keeps the RF as far as possible from everybody/everything. Drink WP3JQ

Reply to
James Drinkwater

I recieved my mounting bracket the other day. However, it doesn not seem to be a good enough counterpois for a 5/8 wave 2m antenna. Anyone else have these troubles?

KQ6UP Chirs Maness

Reply to
Chris

The mount os working great with a Wilson 2000 for CB. Man -- CBers in this area are anoying. It took me several trys just to get a radio check without getting cursed out.

Chris Maness KQ6UP

Reply to
Chris

Reply to