Need help with my 2002 Wrangler's a/c please!

Okay, on my 2002 Wrangler, the a/c doesn't come on until the fan is on the third or fourth position (either of the two highest speeds). Can anyone tell me what's wrong? To date, I have attempted to correct this by swapping out the instrument panel control unit (still the same problem of uncooled air on the two low speeds and cooled air on the two high speeds). Thanks for any help on fixing this!

Reply to
kwp

Does the a/c not come on or does the fan not come on?

Sounds like you have a fan relay (not switch) problem.....

Reply to
billy ray

its either the resistor or ac control panel both easy fixes.. resistor cheapest try it 1st

Reply to
Jeeper

Reply to
philthy