Aircoolednet "Bulletproof Throttle Cable", Need Help With Please!

Hi all! I am going to replace my throttle cable with an aircooled.net super Bulletproof throttle cable. I want to solder the carb end of it so it will not fray. What kind of solder should I use, acid solder or rosin core solder? Which would be stronger and last longer? Thanks! Any help is appreciated! jplikesm73vwbttl

Reply to
Sleepy Joe

Both are the same stuff! I'd use a propane torch, if I were to do that. The purpose of rosin, either in the solder or external with a paste, is to etch the surface. A decent 60/40 ought to do fine.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Don't solder the cable, heating and solder flux will only lead to the cable rusting. Use a metal crimp or some heat shrink tubing (found at all good electronics stores). Grahame from Aus

Reply to
Grahame Rumballe

Reply to
Gordon Parks

....its been a year of exposure in a baja that lives in the driveway...when it rains it gets wet. No sign of rusting yet. And I used rosin core solder its all I have since my soldering is generally limited to a few pots and carling switch or three... =-)

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian