1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Took my jeep to the dealer to have the a/c evaporator replaced "leaking". Before the dealer got started in the work, got a call from the service manager, " If I heard a whistle coming from the vent when i put on the defrost? That the vent is not working, but when they put in the a/c evaporator they will see what the problem is". Can anyone figure what the problem might be, before i get the bad news from the service manager. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
PAUL KRAUSE

It's nothing the $1000.00 bill won't cover.

Reply to
HomeBrewer

I hope you are referring to the 1000.00 dollars, to have the a/c evaporator replaced and nothing extra.

Reply to
PAUL KRAUSE

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. And the picture Bill Hughs posted is my truck. I've been there. I paid the $1000.00 the first time on my 99 Jeep XJ, then when the same thing happened to my truck I tackled it myself. A learning experience if nothing else. I saved a few hundred $ but it took me several days to finish the job.

Reply to
HomeBrewer

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

In article , L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote: # I did it "once" myself, on an '84 Thunderbird where the column and #pedals came out, also. Everything worked when I finished, but never #again! The heater core is leading on my '89, screw it! I don't need no #stinkin' heater! That's easy enough for you to say... Living in the San Diego area. I was in El Cajon/Santee last month and it was 118 in the shade... My lungs were burning...

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

Reply to