rear seat options and frame repair

hey folks,

I'm new to Jeeps. I just got a hold of an 83 CJ 7 that needs a few repairs. The rear seat is missing. Is there such a thing as a high back seat for the CJs?

ON another note, I think this jeep has been in a large enough accident that it sorta dog tracks a little. I'm guessing one of the frame members was pushed back in a head on accident causing the "ladder's rungs" to misalign. It is ever so slight. AS a matter of fact the bumper shows very little damage. I have been told that one can slide underneath and measure particular points on the frame to determine whether the frame is actually bent. Anyone know a quick and accurate way to determine of the frame is square without succumbing to a frame and alignment guy right off the bat?

Thanks Fellas,

Juan

Reply to
Juan

The odds are much higher that one of the u-bolts that holds the axles to the springs has slipped a bit. This will make them dog track. So can a blown rubber bushing in one of the leaf spring ends.

I 'think' a corner to corner center under the springs will give you a square or not check.

I also only thing the rear CJ seat comes in low back. It is a fold and tumble seat. the back folds down, then the whole seat tips up behind the front seats giving you an open cargo area.

Mike

Juan wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

thanks man

Reply to
Juan

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Xcuse my ignorance but I've never heard the term "Dog Track" before I'm assuming that it wants to turn to the right like the dogs when they run on the track Or is it just a term for the thing to want to go in circles either left or right?

L8r - Jersey

Reply to
Jersey

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Dog track or puppy walk or crab walk.

Ever watch a puppy when he is out in front on a walk? He wants to go forward to lead, but has to be looking over his shoulder to make sure you are there so walks sideways sort of. Most dogs trained to walk without a leash do this.

The same thing happens to people that have a locker and try to drive in snow up a hill, they just crab walk up it. The rear end is trying to pass the front end and stays slid out to the 'low' side so the steering wheel has to be turned to have the vehicle go straight.

If one corner on a leaf spring is loose, usually from a loose u-bolt or a sheared center pin, it will cause the same type of thing, the vehicle appears to be sideways as it is going straight.

Mike

Jersey wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain