Mahindra CJ 3 1990

Hi there.

I've being eyeing off a Mahindra CJ 340 down the road from me now ever since the guy moved in 3 years ago and he's now selling it. I've had our mechanic look over it and she's in good nick. I looked into it and it seems I can't get any Mahindra parts for it (it needs doors) anywhere in the country - Australia.

I can get the doors custom made. What is better? Solid steel, steel frame or can I get them made with Aluminium? I'm not sure what the right way to go is regarding the doors. I plan to do a lot of beach and bush driving.

Also, I'm looking for some feedback on the Mahindra in general.

Thanks Celia.

Reply to
Celia

L.W.(ßill)

It was originally a real Jeep under license made in India.

They do have a fairly large web page, maybe parts can be ordered?

They look so close to a 'Jeep' that I would find someone with a CJ and try the doors to see if they are a direct fit. I would think the odds are good that Jeep parts will work, then you would have tons of aftermarket options.

Just a guess though.

Mike

Celia wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

No, I don't think the CJ doors will fit a Mahindra - the body is slightly longer IIRC.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Yeah, they don't fit unfortunately. I'm getting a quote today on getting fabricated ones made. Any thoughts on getting solid or fabric framed doors?

Reply to
Celia

Depends on how often you are out in the rain I guess.. Given you said you live in Australia and did beach stuff, I'd consider the cheapest option - no doors !!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne