TJ oil pressure

In my 01 tj my oil pressure sits at 40 on the dial It's a manual I got in a 00 tj and the oil pressure was only half that. It's an automatic. The pressure raises just like mine, when the car is moving, but at idle my pressure it twice as much as theirs. Mine's always been that way since I bought it new, is this normal for the auto tranny tj to be so low at idle? I'm thinking it might be from the tranny but am NOT a mechanic heh heh. I wonder if they're tj is going to die on them, they just got it used. The auto has around 30000 miles I drove it and everything drives perfect. Oh yeah, both are I-6's.

Reply to
Troy

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

What viscosity oil are you running?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
mic canic

I'm using 10w-30 oil in mine, the 01 with manual tranny. I can't say for sure what the auto tranny jeep is running. I don't think the oil has been changed since it's been bought used by my friend. Their pressure sits at 20 in idle, in park, haven't tried to put it in neutral yet, they don't seem worried and if 10 is the lower limit then I suppose it's all good. Besides seeing the difference in the pressure, it drives just fine. I almost forgot what riding in a stock jeep felt like, and in my city's traffic it's kinda nice not shifting.

Troy

Reply to
Troy