2002 SPORTAGE

DOES ANY BODY IN THE GROUP HAVE ON OF THESE I AM LOOK AT BUYING A USED ONE FOR 8,000 HAS 32,000 MILES SUPER NICE LOOKING I HAVE TRIED TO LOOK THESE UP ON THE INTERNET SEEM TO BE ABOUT A 50/50 SPLIT ON LIKES AND DISLIKES SEEMS TO BE A SOLID SMALL SUV RUNS GOOD ECT THE DOWN SIDE IS THE DEALER IS 50 MILES FROM HOME AND THE UP SIDE IS I DRIVE

10 MILES A DAY ROUND TRIP BACK AND FORTH TO WORK AND AROUND TOWN MY CURRENT TRUCK IS A S-10 BLAZER TALK ABOUT A MONEY PIT TIME TO DUMP IT AND GET SOME THING DIFFRENT I HOPE THAT I AM NOT GETTING ANOTHER MONEY PIT THAT HAS PROBLEMS NEED SOME FEED BACK PRETTY FAST I HAVE TO TAKE IT BACK MONDAY AND LET THEM KNOW IF I WANT IT OR NOT ALSO HOW IS THE INSURANCE COST ON IT THANKS BYRON DEVINE YOU CAN REPLY DIRECT BACK TO ME AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS snipped-for-privacy@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Reply to
byron devine

go for it. it's a solid well made car. I've been told it's a japanese car surronded in Kim Che'. if you change the oil and filter regularly, stick to one brand of oil, it will run forever. I drove my Sportage from Suburban Long Island to Oneonta NY drove around there and didn't gas uptill half way on the return trip. 450 miles on 15 gallons. I get just under 30 mpg if you use the cruise control on the highway. Only 2 complaints are the dumb placement of the drink holder, and brake dust on the cool mags. that you can fix by changing to titanium pads Bendix makes. drink holder, your stuck with.

Reply to
helix

Reply to
byron devine

glad you bought it. I found the insurance a little higher with GMAC. My wife works for them so we get a discount, Then I found GEICO to be 3/4 of them, even with the discount. Only bad habit I found was sometimes the Sportage doesn't know what gear it wants to be in, and shifts down to passing gear, especially on a wet surface, the rear breaks away from the high torque if you are not careful. Also the ground on the antenna gets corroded from salt in the wheel wells, and makes the FM signals fuzzy. I installed a sheet of red rubber I got at Home Depot for 91 cents where the cable comes through the firewall, problem solved.

Reply to
helix