2003 KIA Spectra and towing

Has anyone towed 1 snowmobile on a trailer in snow with a 2003 Kia Spectra

Reply to
Chull

"" wrote: > Has anyone towed 1 snowmobile on a trailer in snow with a 2003 > Kia Spectra

Well KIA does not recommend that this vehicle tow anything. They do not have enough power to tow. It is not something that I would suggest.

I also own a 2003 Spectra and I know how the back end feels when I load up 4 - 50lbs of grain for my horses and it drives with the back end down.

When you load a Front Wheel drive Vehicle with stuff on or behind these vehicles it takes the weight off of the front tires. So if you are going through the snow with your car you will not have as much control of the front end for the fact that the weight has been taken off the the power source.

Try putting bags of sand in the trunk of you car. Put 200 to 300 lbs in the back and drive it around. You should be able to feel the difference in the way it handles.

Reply to
KIAPartscom