101 carbs and LPG

I am in the process of making two new LPG inlet manifold mixers for my

101, there are four ports into a Zenith 175 CD 2S.(Stromberg clone ?) carb from the inlet manifold, the main inlet, two 1/4" inlets and a slot around 1/2" x 3/8", obviously to balance pressure s inside the carb. Should I feed the slot and the two 1/4" 'oles from the reduced pressure behind the injector, or with the original flow, pre-restriction ?

Thanks for your comments

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Feed the lpg into the main air flow, upstream of the carbs. Move the engine breather pipes from the carbs to a position upstream of the gas mixers to prevent gas entering the sump, unless you want to play catch-the-con-rod when the gas build up in the engine ignites. Never seen it happen, but better safe than sorry. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Hi Badger So the small holes are engine breathers are they ? Never knew that; at least they're easy to duct back to the inlet, but what happens with the difference in pressures between the main inlet, downstream of the venturi and the other ports ? Do I worry about it or not ?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve

No, they are pressure balance ducts for the float chambers, the breather pipes go from the rocker covers to the carbs. You ought to remove them from the carbs and connect them as I suggested. Blank off the holes left at the carbs.

No. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Thanks for the tips. The existing single point gas injector, about 6 " back from the carbs has evidently been feeding LPG into the rocker covers for some time then ! A good reason to change.

Thanks for all the help.

Steve

Reply to
Steve