Anyone gpt any questions I should be asking?

I'm looking at it tomorrow with a view to doing a deal off eBay, the bloke lives local to me & assures me it's in A1 condition. I'm going to try negotiate a fair price. 85k doesn't worry me, but what should I be looking for with a TD5?? I know about most of the usual things like corrosion etc.

The blokes a LR nut so he should know how to look after them.

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"No, I'm Brian"

Reply to
Nige

On or around Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:30:22 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

lives local to me & assures me

worry me, but what should I be

early TD5, so find out if it's ECU has been upgraded. Early ones were not too well tuned, it seems, and were lacking in low-down grunt.

I believe it's possible to rectify this by suitable chipping.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cheers Austin, did this engine have some kind of oil pump problem?

How much to re-chip it & where?

Ta

Nige

Reply to
/\/ / & E

Hi Nige

I'm sure that this was for sale on e-bay a few months ago (same seller) could ask if this is the case, I can't remember though if there were any bids but didn't he also have a Disco 3 for sale @ the same time, maybe some one else remembers. Just a thought.

Reply to
Dilligaf

He did mention he bought a D3 & hated it. Sold it after 3 weeks. Not sure if it really matters, but could be worth asking, although he did offer that information without asking.

Odd that there's no bids at this price for a GS model.

I know what I'm looking for with the car as a whole, but I know bog all about a TD5.

You should have seen the garage fellas face with the P38 yesterday after I told him he had to fix the slightest of drips into the P38's cabin. He didn't know what the f*ck I was on about! He then realised it was a big job for a 40p part!

Shows the value of a group like this really!

Nige

Reply to
/\/ / & E

Do you have to swear? This is a 'family' newsgroup and children read it.

Reply to
Richard

Eh? A family newsgroup? This is Usenet matey, I hardly meant to offend anyone, but it is unmoderated & should not be used by kids surely? BTW, I'm hardly the only one either.

Nige

Reply to
/\/ / & E

Richard composed the following;:

This is usenet, and would generally _not_ be 'family' oriented ... Swearing is, has been, and probably ever will be, a matter of your perception. If you don't like swearing, don't read usenet newsgroups.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Would you use language like that in a public place with hundreds of people listening to you?

J**P

:-)

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

On or around Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:43:22 +0000, William MacLeod enlightened us thusly:

Oh, really... some people are just beyond the pale.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well, went round today, the exterior is like new, no marks or scratches. No dents or rust & no new paint. Chassis very good with only very minor amounts of usual surface rust on bolt heads etc. Gonna get the whole chassis done anyway to keep it in good order. The interior is like new (bit mucky due to kids) with no wear etc. Needs a good clean inside (kids!) Engine is sweet with no odd noises or vibration as is gearbox & transfer box etc.

A very nice example of the car with corking alloys. If we can agree a price I think it will kake a great family car for not silly money for a few years.

The bloke is a real LR nut too with a well sorted 90 or three!!

It has had remidial work done on the ECU as stated in FSH & for a diesel the oil looked like new!

Now all it needs a big f*ck off winch & rock riders & we're off!!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Thing is, Nige doesn't talk like that when you meet him. Proper saintly 'e is like...

Well, he didn't talk like that when I was round his place sponging a coffee from him but then again he never saw me spill it on his favourite chair.

Reply to
wayne

YOU T*AT!

LOL