P38 asking price

Hi all,

Need some advice, I'm going to sell my Range Rover, 1998 P38, 81K FSH all the 2001 bits on it, excellent condition. I know it is only worth what someone is willing to pay, like all things in life, what would be a reasonable asking price??

Thanks

Reply to
murph

From what I've seen, around £6500-£8500 dependant on colour/spec.

That's eBay prices mind, they tend to be a bit lower.

Nige

Reply to
/\/ / & E

What engine and model?

The main bugbear is the V8 cracked block / slipped liner. Any work done here (such as a replacement engine) will make a big difference to the value to someone 'in the know'.

I'd expec the diesel to fetch more than the petrol, even though I don't understand the concept of a diesel Range Rover...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Reply to
murph

I don't know, but I think 'early model' would probably go back to around pre-2000 time. The main indicators of trouble are coolant loss and / or overheating.

I really like P38's to look at, drive etc. I just couldn't face owning one unless it had a pretty comprehensive warranty on it or a tale of woe (and associated wad of big receipts!) from the previous owner. I think they are still pretty desirable though, but value will be very dependent on it being cosmetically very good and having a decent service record.

Good luck!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Interesting question that cos I'm wondering how's the best way to sell mine as well. Also a 1998 P38, 4.6 limited edition HSE with all the toys plus TV, DVD player, Sony Playstation, original owner was footballer Jamie Redknapp.

91K on original untouched V8, never needed to top up the water since I got it over three years ago. Done a few bits and bobs, cracked flex plate, new cats, new steering bits, etc, etc, drives like a dream. Any suggestions where to advertise, I was toying with Ebay??

gazza

Remove pants to reply

1987 RR Classic 1998 RR P38 ex Jamie Redknapp
Reply to
gazza

A 1998 HSE sold today on Ebay for £9200

gazza

Reply to
gazza

Well knowing in which country you reside might help.

Reply to
The Becketts

Another one for sale on Ebay

gazza