Abandoned Series 2A

Just come back from a few days away in N. Cornwall and round the back of the cottage we stayed in was a late, tax exempt, Series 2a that was obviously abandoned. Took a quick look and it seemed straight and the chassis didn't look too bad, had FWH's and Overdrive. Would come up quite OK with a clean. Made some enquiries and it seems it belongs to the daughter of the lady that owned the holiday cottage and was abandoned a couple of years ago when the engine seized, fuel tank also sprung a leak. Previously it was her daily transport. Anyone who fancies a project in the N.Cornwall area mail me as I can get contact details if needed.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

What model is it? wheelbase and body?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

Mark replied .. to Bob Hobden" who wrote

It's a SWB 88 hard top with windows in the back, not sure about rear seats though, from comments about the petrol leaking it must still be a 2.25 petrol. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo, silly me!

Reply to
Bob Hobden

I know of someone who'd be interested in a lwb station wagon, I'll mention this one to him anyway.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

In article , MVP writes

My IIa 109 Ex-Mod hardtop with windows (2.25 Petrol, twin tanks, FWH, o/d) might be up for grabs. It hasn't run for several years but everything mechanical was OK. The passenger footwell and door pillars are in need of TLC.

I'm looking for somewhere to repair it but I might not manage to get that far!

Reply to
John Halliwell