defender cigar lighter sockets

Hi,

The lighter socket has packed up in the Landy (1998 110 Def (R)). I see on Beamends website item YUJ100650 is, I think, the genuine replacement (i'm keen to keep the standard plug on the wiring loom). Are there any non-genuine alternatives?

It packed up when being used to use the fridge. Fuse seems fine so I assume the socket has become defunct (it is a little corroded)

Thanks David

Reply to
Dave

YUJ100650 superceeds to YUJ000060 also Genuine, but only £4.70 inc VAT!

Not on the site yet (tomorrow), but order the YUJ100650 and that's what you'll get.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Hi David,

Running a fridge is quite a load for a cigarette lighter, particularly if it's one of those ones which works using a heater instead of a pump. Unless you get a really good contact, you can find that the connector gets hot, increasing the resistance, which makes it get hotter etc...until the whole thing cooks. If you use it regularly, it's better to install the Hella or DIN sockets. These lock in positively, and are designed for high loads. Available from

Cheers! Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe

Reply to
Graham Carter

Thanks everyone. I have a secure socket thingy in the back. But I'd like the cigar lighter back incase I want to light my cigars... maybe...

Thanks David

Reply to
Dave