Discovery ll forward facing rear seat

One of the forward facing seats in the new Discovery is stuck. Can't get the back to lift up. Any ideas on problem and how to cure it? Thanks

-- Nikki

1990 Discovery V8i 1985 Range Rover V8 1975 88" Series III 2.25 petrol 1979 Series III Lightweight 2.25 petrol
Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Hi, I get the same problem. The rear will not lift until the bottom section is correctly interlocked into the floor. I find repeated slamming it down into the floor latch eventually allows the back up ok.

Mark

2001 DiscoveryII TD5 7 seat

Reply to
Mark

In message , Mark writes

In addition to the latch into the floor, underneath the front of each seat there is a sort of leg (I haven't gone outside to check exactly what it looks like) that rests on the floor. If this cannot sit right down, typically due to a rubber mat being on top of the carpet, it can make it difficult to lift up or fold the backrest. Get someone to apply weight to the front edge of the seat and it should work OK.

If you have a rubber mat and want to use it when these seats are in use, it might be advisable to cut holes in the mat to accommodate the legs.

Reply to
Peter

Me too... B-(

I find I get a better success at the interlock being defeated if I ensure that the twist grip thingy is fully loose and that the second hinge in the mounting is straight before slamming it into the floor.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.howhill.com, Dave Liquorice at snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com wrote on 20/3/05 10:02 pm:

Thanks for the replies. Will get Bruce to go and have a look tomorrow. Got to separate the kids a bit. It was all out war in the back seat when we went out earlier.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

He he. BTW Using the jump seats may stop the war on the back seat(*) but it just moves it to outside the car. About who gets to ride in the back. BTDTGTTS...

(*) Only may, because the one in the back can attack the one in the front with little fear of the one in the front being able to retaliate. Though if you arrange opposite sides that is harder.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Have you made sure the base is pushed firmly into the floor? They will not lift until the base is securely latched. I sometimes have to fold my set to the side and try again.

Reply to
Martin Coombs

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.howhill.com, Dave Liquorice at snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com wrote on 21/3/05 10:21 am:

Thanks for that! Still can't get the back to go up. Had a look at the working one and think there may be a cable not attached or stretched. Bruce is going to take it apart tomorrow as we didn't have time today. Took them to Twin Lakes at Melton Mowbray instead, in an effort to wear them out...didn't work. Three of them still awake at 11.30pm.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article d1mcnm$gj7$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com, Martin Coombs at snipped-for-privacy@dcgd.co.uk wrote on 21/3/05 11:55 am:

Tried it this morning, but on the way out, so didn't really investigate that much. Bruce is going to have a look at it tomorrow morning.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

In message , Nikki Cluley writes

Sometimes Nikki you really have to slam then very hard in to the floor catch

Reply to
Marc Draper