Discovery Rear Seat Removal

I need to remove 1 of the rearmost seats on my D2 to give more space (car has rear aircon so the passenger side seat sticks out into the load area when folded as the 'alcove' houses the compressor etc), it looks easy with only 4 bolts to undo but I see a spring on the mounting and am worried that if I remove the bolts I might lose the spring tension (a bit like in an up and over garage door). Does anyone know if this will happen before I start?

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Go on, just take it off, live dangerously!!!

Reply to
Nige

On or around Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:51:06 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

"buggrit, whyTF do they use *that* sort of screw *there*" mutter mumble noise of ratchet "right, just undo this one and..." spadoinggg! "ouch f*ck buggrit owww my f*cking FINGER" "right, come out you bastich..." "f*ck me this thing's heavy" dragging noise thud "owwww bollox me effing toe!"

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|| || "buggrit, whyTF do they use *that* sort of screw *there*" || mutter mumble || noise of ratchet || "right, just undo this one and..." || spadoinggg! || "ouch f*ck buggrit owww my f*cking FINGER" || "right, come out you bastich..." || "f*ck me this thing's heavy" || dragging noise || thud || "owwww bollox me effing toe!" ||

You've been hanging around my house of a weekend, then. I think this recording was the one where I did the S2a brake shoes.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

You Rich? I thought it was me tho' I notice it was missing "ouch bugger that Mig nozzle was hot" Murphys law when your sleeve rides up sommat nasty will always find the gap Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:30:32 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

You'd have heard complaints about hot bits here today - welding new front leg onto Edward II. Got a convincing list to starboard, but then the back wheels are not on the concrete, and the bit they're on slopes - I'm fairly sure the chassis part is in fact straight though - took some time to line it up and I had the front of the chassis on a pair of stands at the same height, with the axle on 2 more stands at the same height, so that in theory it's all parallel, and I also put the bumper on temporarily, and that lined up as well.

It might be that the springs need switching over... I'll see what it looks like when it's parked somewhere flat...

In other news the drag link looks crap, so I'll replace that and it's joints as well, while I've got the front deck and the bumper off and it's easier to get at it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|| You Rich? I thought it was me tho' I notice it was missing || "ouch bugger that Mig nozzle was hot"

I don't have a mig, so it must have been me. :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman