fuel pump wiring wierdness

I have recently traced a wiring problem to the fuel pump on my 92 /3.9 I found that the wiring harness end that plugs into the fuel pump was intermittant. I saw that one of the 6 holes on that plug end was charred. So I rigged and fix that to get it working 95% of the time with only a few chugging fuel loss moments and a few non starts. all easily fixed by wiggling the end of the harness at the fuel pump. So I order the brand new replacement wiring harness. I got it today and checked that the wires were routing the same and it is exactly like the old one. However, when I install it, I cant get a start or fuel. Swap it out with the faulty one , starts right up. Back to the new one, nothing. Why on earth would the brand new one not work at all? Or even intermittantly as the other? Because it's a Range Rover? Strange to me. Any ideas?

Reply to
joe myers

In message , joe myers writes

Ring the new one through - the crimp connectors in the plugs could be faulty and check that the wiring is correct ...

Mistakes can, and do, happen.

Reply to
AndyG