MOT failure list

What's the longest list you have ever had/seen?

One of my employees has been "rebuliding" his defender over the winter and came back with a list of 19 failure points and 2 advisories. One advisory was simply "Bad repairs".

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

On or around Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:01:16 +0100, Lizzy Taylor enlightened us thusly:

had quite a list on a car I took for a specualtive pre-test in order to see if it was worth working on. Never had that many on a "serious" one, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I took my hybrid for a test a few years back, knowning one of the rear suspension bush's was realy bad (trailing arm, at the axle end, and the other side was not exactly 100% either) expecting a fail. But I too just wanted to know what else needed looking at (I had been out of the country much longer than planned for work, so hadn't the time to look at everything before the big day.)

Much to my delight (and surprise) it passed, with no advisory either.

I queried it, the guy who tested it grinned and said... "It's not going to fall off. But if the bolt was loose, then we'd have failed it."!!!!

Sadly, that place doesnt test anything bigger than a shopping trolly these days... New bush's was fitted (both sides) the next day, when I found a pair in stock locally while ringing round for parts.

I've had longer lists of bad things when taking SWMBO's car for a test (why do I always get stiched up for that, cost me 2 new tyres, 4 wheel ballance, full tracking AND a new exhaust the last time...)

Even a 4 year old company car (suposedly fully maintained buy the dealer) once had 5 items listed as failures! Including emissions. Scarily, it was the dealer who did the first MOT... Makes you wonder.... We don't use them any more...

Dave B.

Reply to
DaveB

Not a landrover, but a Merc estate I was thinking of restoring. Earlier this year it was MOTd and the failure list (excluding advisories that were another page) ran to 4 pages!

The mechanic said, "at least all the lights worked, shame they're not pointing in the right direction!"

As it was I put it up on ebay with full details of the failures and got more money back than I paid for it!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
Peter the Puffer Nutter