disco II seat foam replacement.

this afternoon as it was unfeasibly nice weather I deceided have a go at the disco II driver's seat, on which the foam was collapsed.

having taken the precaution of acquiring a disco I foam from exmoor, and after much more effort than it should really need, I now have established that with minor mods to the foam, the disco I foam will fit the disco II seat, although it's not quite the right shape, it's good enough, and a damned sight cheaper than replacing the whole thing cover an' all which is doubtless the official answer.

anyone doing this, you will need to unbolt the seat although you don't have to remove it, you will also need to remove the wires from the seat cover, after undoing the several small sharp wire loops (and collecting them carefully, so they don't end up in your tyre) which hold the cover to the original foam. The wires server no useful purpose on the disco I foam.

also took the opportunity to re-attach the CD multiplayer to its brackets, a job which has been waiting for some time... This is a temporary signature, The regualr signature is not available due to unresolved techincal issues. We are working to restore the normal service, in the meantime we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Austin.

Reply to
Austin Shackles