My heap of sh***t

I am the unfortunate owner of a 300 tdi auto

I have had a new engine at 110K gear box down twice and tons of other problems

This time my timing plate cover bearing has pooped itself and i was informed that I had to buy the whole plate as the bearing was not a seperate item AUD$700 Being really pissed of with this HEAP I found that Jaguar parts do in fact interchange and the bearing with very slight mods fit AUD$80. I still have to press it out etc but a lot cheaper than 700. HEX on Land rovers*^&##@**.

AMOZZIE

Reply to
Murray Amos

You will develop a sense of humour........... given time!

Nomad

rovers*^&##@**.

Reply to
Nomad

Don't forget our cousins from across the Atlantic too.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

The display reads 45, engine sputtering, primarily in first gear (manual transmission) and in the lower revs. of the remaining gears. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Del

Nah, they're just jealous they don't have a Billing :0)

`Agrippa

Reply to
Agrippa

Snipped {OUCH!} Why is it ALWAYS Ozzies who moan about Landies?????

It's not just Landies. They just MOAN about anything British. I work with a few, and I know this.

Nomad.

Reply to
Nomad

Colonial insecurity.

Reply to
Exit

Reply to
Nomad

Reply to
Nomad

Maybe because they are a relatively rare vehicle here, spares are inflated prices, if you can get them, and the dealer network is nearly nonexistent outside the capital cities. I am not moaning, but as an example - I recently needed replacement pedal rubbers for clutch and brake for my

110 - went into the local dealer. It took the spare parts man twenty minutes to find the part number (not familiar with the vehicle models) and he said he would order it. Next time I was in town a week later, he proudly presented me with a pair of Series pedal rubbers - when I pointed out the differences he spent another twenty minutes to find another part number, and looked it up in the computer - "none in Australia, I'll put it on back order". Two weeks later he had them for about $50. To put that in perspective, it is more than I paid recently for a clutch master cylinder (don't have to get it from a dealer - it is not specific to Landrover, but is the most common one on trailers with over ride hydraulic brakes). JD
Reply to
JD

Thats nothing - you should try getting a Holden serviced in England. . . . . .

Reply to
Exit

that's an aussie vauxhall innit?

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn........

(snip)

Sort of - or Opel -or Chevrolet - or Isuzu etc. Holden is the Australian branch of General Motors, as Vauxhall is the UK branch. They sell a variety of GM vehicles which vary from fully imported with Holden badges to fully locally designed and manufactured, and everything in between. Even the fully imported ones will differ in specification from (for example) the UK specification for apparently identical vehicles, partly to meet Australian Design Rules, partly to meet perceived market preferences. JD

Reply to
JD

I've driven a few big Holden's, and much preferred them to the 'equivalent' Omega. I particular my Dad had a 4 litre (the baby engine of the range!), and it was great, much better than the Ford Fairthingy he had later.

I don't know how much is common (but the major dimensions were identical on the early-mid 90's ones), but the big lazy engine, auto-box and super-comfy seats matched the lousy handling and desperate fuel consumption very nicely. Overall, if I had to drive

1000 miles straight and I couldn't have an S-Class Merc, I'd pick a big Holden.... And if I had to do it quickly, a HSV would do nicely!

BTW, I don't know if it is just perception, but Aussie air-con always seems to cool a car much quicker than it does in the UK. Do they fit bigger heat-exchangers over there?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

(snip)

Not sure, but most UK cars have pretty useless aircon for some reason - maybe they fit smaller heat exchangers over there. JD

Reply to
JD

Im from Oz... 4 Rovers, never a problem... Love 'em

One was even cover car & feature on Oz 4WD magazine..

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike

In message , Austin Shackles writes

Trouble is a V8 can produce heat faster than an aircon unit can remove it. Take it from one who knows.

Reply to
hugh

On or around Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:23:08 +0100, hugh enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, must be better with the aircon than without... I've a new plan now, as detailed in UKRCFLPG posting. Which you may have seen already.

Reply to
Austin Shackles