New Jetta TDI Owner

Hello ALL, I just purchased a 04' Jetta GLS TDI WITH 40,000 miles on it, I've only had it a week but so far I like it. I'm getting about 38mpg (it's the automatic), Is this about what I should get? What kind maintenance issues will I have?I 've heard somewhere about issues with the timing belt. Any insight would be greatly appriciated.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Well unless you drive a lot in that week, it is unlikely you have an accurate figure yet. However with an auto 38 is within the possible range, towards the lower end. A lot depends on the type of driving you do (both were you drive city-highway) and how aggressively you drive.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Mike

You may wish to visit the TDI club at this address:

Enjoy your new TDI.

Reply to
jpmccormac