Need help finding interior door panels for SIII 109 5 door

Restoring my SIII 109 and need to find a full set of (used but in good shape)interior door panels. Any suggestions ? Jason Vancouver BC Canada

Reply to
Jason Gallop

Not sure just what yours should be like, but the ones on my 1983 109 two door are flat fibreboard covered with plain brown vinyl and secured by a steel trough welded to the bottom rail of the door, a row of ST screws up each side and a pull handle that looks as if it came off a drawer screwed to the rail across the door just below the waist. (I am certain these are the original factory fitted ones)

This type of interior panel should be easy to either make or get made. Because the fibreboard is not waterproof, it is unlikely that many are still in existence, and I doubt very much if the genuine article is still available. However, I have seen advertisements for moulded ones in English magazines - depends how authentic you want to to be.

Most Series Landrovers had the doors unlined except station wagons, so the bits you are after are fairly uncommon in the first place. JD

Reply to
JD