Noise Killer or Wrightoffroad

Hi I am looking for some sort of way to reduce the noise inside my series 3. The kits offered by Noise Killer and wrightoffroad seem to be the sort of thing I'm after. Has anyone had any experience with either of these? The wrightoffroad kit is my choice it the moment, I haven't checked prices yet but has anyone got any comments good or bad about either of these kits?

Thanks Liam

Reply to
Liam

Got Wrightoff road kit in my 110. Quite effective and also gives a big improvement in appearance. Nice guy to deal with and very helpful. Only difficult bit to fit is the seat box as you have to cut the access hatches out and it all gets very floppy, a two person job to fit.

Sean

73FL74 101GS 1984 110 2.5NA Medway Military Vehicle Group
sean101ryan

I put a soundproofing kit on my 2A. I think it was a noise killer one. It helped a little bit - you dont have to shout quite as much to hold a conversation now! I bought a 'truck cab kit' I think which did the seatboxes, floor, g/box tunnel, footwells, under the bonnet and some of the bulkhead.

I bought it at billing and they lied about it fitting a series 2 bulkhead. I had to do some adaptation and there is still a big gap that it doesnt cover properly along the top.

2 years later some of the sticky bits have started falling off too. I'm not sure it was worth the money or not. I dont get such a headache on long journeys now atleast!
Reply to
Tom Woods

Having fitted a Wright off road kit to a 110 plus fairly extensive soundproofing elsewhere it does make a difference - though don't expect it to be drasticaly quieter, it won't be. It is difficult to fit well

- it will take you an afternoon to do it probably, but by far the best feature of it is that you can finally jump into your LR with everything muddy, oily etc and then clean it at a later date easily - can't do that with carpet, and it's so much smarter than bare panels. It weighs a ton as well, so don't be suprised for expensive shipping. The guy that sells them is a pleasure to deal with as well - I'd buy one again.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

One of these days it is something I might do, because if nothing else it will cover up the patchwork quilt of what passes for bulkhead repair :)

I am putting my foot in a puddle every time I get in these days, the holes are obviosly in the wrong place, they let the water in but don't let it out agin :(

Reply to
Larry