Que Victor - "I don't believe it.."

Parking up in Morrison's the other day, I spotted a "new" vehicle. As I'm sure I've made pretty clear I *hate* what's been done to Discovery III's, but surely it couldn't get any worse? Well, Jeep have done it. They've copied the Discovery III styling, seemingly while under the influence. I can't remember the model name emblazened on it, but what a joke! Thinking that must surely be the pits for god-awful design I get to the roundabout and saw...... a Bentley estate! With a "sports" coupe style sloping roof....... yea gods! I've often wondered what happened to the designers who worked for Mattel & Pallitoy in the 80's - now I know.

Roll on when we get back to functional vehicles!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

heh - That was more or less my reaction to seeing an XJ6 (I think) estate many years ago.

yes - I think they must have spent their sabbatical at Disney

Does it really matter what others do? So long as the types of vehicle we prefer are still available?

Reply to
William Tasso

An *estate*? Please, it's known as a "shooting brake", that makes all the difference!

To some at least, not me for sure.

Just walk outside and give one a hug!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Jeep Commander??

ugh!

-- Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Pacman

A Bentley estate? are you sure you don't mean the new Chrysler 300C

As for rotten styling, am i the only one to think the New Freelander's styling owes more to the Ford Fusion than to a Landrover?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Similar - but I'm retty sure that wasn't it. But then again, Bentley have lost their individuality........

You're not alone - it's aimed squarely at the US market, thus removing the "Britishness" that used to be LR's styling trade mark, turning it into just another urban 4x4.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

"beamendsltd" wrote

Funny how design is such a personal thing, both myself and the wife like the new Disco, in fact think it's by far the best looking LR product at the moment (Exc Defenders of course). It has the same understated "Class" as the original RR and the Defender although I have seen one "Blinged up", yuk! The RR and especially RR Sport have no "Class" just common "flash or Bling" and both look like they should be towing large chrome plated caravans with lacy curtains. Nearly as bad as Picky pickups! Perhaps it's just the ones we have seen with the blacked out windows, chrome steps and 22inch chrome wheels etc.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Goes without saying

Reply to