S2A - water temp?

What is the likely temperature of the coolant water that goes to the heater matrix on a S2A (1967 if that makes a difference)?

I want to make a "slow cooker", i.e. some copper pipe wrapped around a saucepan, and fit it under the bonnet, replacing the connections to the heater matrix.

The idea is for the Plymouth to Dakar Challenge

- Team 210 - Dilemma Too Farr). We are spending a couple of nights in the desert, and on one of them we are having an evening of "fine dining in the desert"...DJs and Posh Frocks, starched table clothes, seven course dinner, port, stilton and cigars...who know the sort of thing!!

*Anyway*, back to the question, will the coolant water be hot enough to stew a stew for the 8 hours driving that day, to finish with the bonnet being opened and dinner served?!!?
Reply to
Clive

I don't want to pour cold water (or hot water) even on your idea, but the thermostat I'd say at a guess keeps the water at a "warm rather than hot" temperature, this is regulated by the temp. regulator.

The idea is that the water should not get TOO hot, I think the temp of the water may be in the range 50-70 degs centegrade,I can keep my hand on my 2A flat heater when the engine is at temp, and its not too hot to touch, its gotta burn if you're going to cook on it!

Really, if you want to cook your stew, rather than just heat it up, you need to get a rolling boil, i.e. 100 degs. It might be possible to weld some kind of hotplate to the manifold, which does get very hot, but beware of *cough* greasy food....

HTH Dan

Reply to
SuperBug

On or around Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:09:52 -0000, "Clive" enlightened us thusly:

not hot enough, I expect. about 82°C, probably, dependiong on what stat you have. I'd not fit a hotter one if you were going desert-driving. 'course, it might be hotter than that in the desert...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

-

Much simpler change then menu... is it can be cooken in an oven then It'll cook on the exhaust manifold wrapped in foil and suspended in wire baskets appropriately... various parts of the engine will give differing tempretures..

here's a site with book recommendation to wet your appitite...

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D