Spraying alarm ecu connections with wd40?

Spraying alarm ecu connections with wd40?

Will it do any damage or affect the alarm, I seem to have an intermittent system. Each time I undo the plugs it works for a while!!

96 Disco td3
Reply to
Paul Tasker

unlikely to do any harm better to spray with switch cleaner though that saved the electric seat controls on my RRC, couldn't be issues with the infamous spider connections and rattling it just moves the joints back togther

thank god Kato has an aftermarket system.Derek

Reply to
Derek

couldn't be issues with the

LR do an upgrade to the spider for £200

Reply to
Hirsty's

Are they or do they get wet? That's the only reason for using a Water Displacer...

Get a can of proper contact cleaner/lubricant, say Electrolube EML.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Indeed - WD40 et al are 60% white spirit, so sparying it all over the place is not a good idea, particularly where plastics, nylons, etc are present.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd