Td5 Auto torque converter lockup

i have recentley changed the oil and filter in my 99 TD5 auto,the torque converter now seems to not lock up at the same temperature as before (used to lock up as soon as i hit 52mph with cold engine) Now the engine has to be at normal operating temp for this to happen,is this procedure correct?? many thanks in advance Tim

Reply to
Tim

Not correct... it's supposed to happen either hot or cold at around

80km/h (give or take a bit). What oil did you use? Have you got the level right? If it is a bit low then you may have this sort of trouble.

Book says to check the level cold while idling in neutral. We've found this to be too low. Run through all the gears then check the level while idling in drive.

-Craig. Qld

Reply to
CraigB

Reply to