Cruise Control Problem

Have 1991 LS 400 having problem with cruise. The light comes on when button is pressed in but when lever is pulled down to set speed the cruise light goes out and cruise will not engage. Also the cruise light will not come on again until car is turned off and restarted . It will only let you engage cruise once after car is started. I think it my be a vacum leak. Does anyone know where to look to trouble shoot this problem. THANKS DON

Reply to
Donmck1950

It could also be that the speed sensor is going bad. Does the light flash a few times before going out?

Doug

Reply to
-

Each time you start car you get ONE chance to engage cruise. Then you have to turn car off , start car then try again.

Reply to
Donmck1950